Little over a month to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Anyone else getting excited? Do we have a head count for sure so we know who we're looking for?

Tracy
  2. Mike Bunting
    Oh, yeah! I've got my flight and hotel booked, all systems go.
  3. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    I've registered. Unless it starts filling up close to time, there appear be about a dozen open slots .
  4. Mike Bunting
    So, who here is going?
  5. Fred Keller
    Fred Keller
    I am and I got my mandolin student Kody (12 yrs old) and his dad to come too.
  6. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    I couldn't miss tim o. I'll see you there.
  7. F5G WIZ
    F5G WIZ
    Not going to be able to make it this year. You guys have fun! Maybe next year.
  8. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I got a wild hair, begged the hubby, and I just enrolled for the whole camp! WHOOHOOEY!!! (I'm just a tad bit excited!)
  9. banjoboy
    banjoboy
    I'm flying into Nashville Thursday night. Maybe go down to the Station Inn. Then I'll drive up to Owensboro Friday morning. After the camp, gonna head back to Nashville for my vacation for the following week. Can't wait.
  10. Mike Bunting
    Tracey! You begged him?!?! Why didn't you just tell him! You are a mandolin player afterall!!
  11. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I had to 'cause I don't bring in a paycheck! lol The agreement involved using it as my b-day and Christmas presents... probably for the next 10 years...
  12. Mike Bunting
    Well, at least you're coming for the whole thing. Good.
  13. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I'm nervous already! lol I do OK in a jam setting where I can take a back seat, but one on one situations or where I'm called out really rattle me!
  14. John Gardinsky
    John Gardinsky
    Come on Tracy, choking is fun. After screwing up a hundred or two breaks it just doesn't rattle ya so much. I usually raise my eyebrow and look at the mandolin like it's to blame.
  15. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    If I recall correctly, you did just fine Tracy.
  16. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Seems like I recall a set of jamming rules from somewhere, and pretty high up on the list was, "If you mess up, glare at your neighbor." Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys. I am sure I'll settle in after I arrive and it won't be so intimidating.
  17. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    So, Tracy, that's why you were glaring at me last year. I thought you just liked me
  18. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Jim, somehow I don't think I can convince everybody else that you're the one messing up... you've too many outstanding YouTube videos!
  19. Mike Bunting
    Looks like it's going to be a fun time, we got people involved in precamp banter. It will be fun attaching faces to cafe posts. (Maybe I should change my avatar!)
  20. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I s'pose you know this means that because I can't blame my flubs on Jim, the rest of ya'll are fair game... BEWARE the GLARE!!

Mike, I can't wait. I think it's going to be a blast!
  21. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Wrote a little tune in anticipation of a weekend of Monroe and fellowship (and getting to hang out with my bud Will)

22. Mike Bunting
    Well, we'll be together in 2 weeks! I'm looking at the schedule ( http://bluegrass-museum.org/Mandolin.../Schedule.html ) and pondering what classes I'll attend. Rythm patterns/solos for sure and Downstrokes with MC. What else.....?
    What are you looking at?
  23. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Everything that Tim O teaches
  24. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I think I'm going to stick with the beginner classes except for 2: "Singing the Song"/Converting Vocals Into Mandolin Music-Tim/Jody" & "Making the Style Your Own-Tim." I'd like to experience all the teachers, and that's the only way it's going to happen! Hope those 2 classes won't be tremendously over my head.
  25. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    You guys get your information packets yet?
  26. Mike Bunting
    You get them when you arrive. Hang on Tuck! Not long now.
  27. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Oh, OK! I thought the lady said she was going to send something out. I'm chomping at the bit! lol
  28. Mike Bunting
    Maybe they are this year, I haven't received anything yet. I could tell that you are keen to get there.
  29. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Why, whatever gave me away?!
  30. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Both wrong! They were sent out. I got my packet a couple weeks ago, laying out the curriculum and which motorlodge I'm staying in.
  31. Mike Bunting
    Well, where's mine? How can we both be wrong?
  32. Mike Bunting
    Update: just talked to Rob at the Museum and found out that because the hotel from last year became unavailable at relatively short notice the camp folks had to set up other accomodations. This has delayed the mailing of the campers packets. I don't remember receiving one last year but that was such a long time ago!
  33. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Well, I guess we know who's 'special' (JIM) and who ain't!
  34. Mike Bunting
    The delay came in the midst of the mailouts so Jim's must have been sent before the change in hotels. As special as Jim is , I don't think he got any favours.
    One week from today, I'll be leavin' on a jet plane!
  35. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Cool! I have to wait until Friday morning to head out... 5 hour drive... will be listening to Monroe all the way down.
  36. Mike Bunting
    You're going to be all Tuckered out by the time you get there!
  37. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I'll be Tuckered out before I even leave! lol I don't have to be on the road until about 7:30 a.m., so it won't be too bad. I'm shooting for arriving between 11:30-noon and they're on Central time, an hour behind me, which will help.
  38. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    I'm so glad that I only live 90 miles away. I'll get my boys on the school bus and take off around 8:30A EST. I can lolly gag along the way--maybe kick around Amish country down around Washington Indiana--while the rest of you are are making your lengthy pilgrimages to Mecca. Hee Hee Hee.
  39. Mike Bunting
    90 miles! 1926 miles for me, about 3 hours to Minnie and another couple to L'ville via great silver bird. Then it's 2 hour carpool with Richie Brown and Bob Hammond to Owensboro. The last leg is the fun part of the trip.
  40. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Yeah Jim, think of us scarfing down fast food on the run while you're munching on those yummy Amish baked goods!

Mike - I'll not complain once during my 5 hour drive! 1926 miles... oy!
  41. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Rob Calhoun called me a bit ago; arrangements are made and he has something in the mail for me. I hope the next week goes quickly!
  42. Mike Bunting
    Did y'all check out Jim's Meeting in Owensboro with lyrics by Theresa Arnold in Austin. How cool is that!
  43. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I missed the lyrics! Where did you see those?
  44. Mike Bunting

It is on another thread.
  45. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Cool! Thanks for posting.
  46. willdawg
    willdawg
    Hi all,

First timer here... Sounds like it's gonna be a good time, that's for sure.

I hear there's a "tape trade" at this thing? I'll be bringing a few copies of a Monroe set from Winterhawk in 1988 that I taped, has Bill Keith, John Duffey and Peter Rowan guesting on it... Love to trade for some 50's stuff...

See ya all in O'boro!

Will
  47. Mike Bunting
    Didn't see it listed on the schedule this year.
  48. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    I'm pretty sure I saw it on the main information page.
  49. Mike Bunting
    May be, I never got "the package";-( , I was going by what I saw on the webpage.
    Leaving for the airport now.
    RIP Bill Monroe
  50. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    You're both right. It's mentioned in the write up but not in the schedule. Even if a time isn't allotted, it'll happen informally.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast