Week #468 ~ Nuages

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Sorry for the delay in posting the winner! I did get back home from my trip, but then got caught up in life!

This week's winner is Nuages by Django Reinhardt

You guys may be on your own, coming up with the music for this! I found that there's a transcription of this tune on page 155 of this Django Fakebook Also, if you do a google image search for Nuages, you can find a bunch of links to notation in various keys.

2. bbcee
    bbcee
    Wow, this duo is fantastic, such great chemistry! I actually went to their site and bought their first record.
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I love it. Has everybody seen David Grisman and his lovely wife Tracy playing the same tune.

4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I like the tune. The Wiesenekker siblings are amazing.

I tried to make a transcription (has never been my strong point) of the Dawg solo. Half way through I had the idea to undertake a TablEdit Search. Great to have this resource.
  5. Mike Floorstand
    Mike Floorstand
    A rare moment for me, but I appear to be the first to post on this one (hope I won't be the last!):

6. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Very Nice Mike. You nailed that one. What a beautiful banjo is that. I've never saw a 10 sting mandolinbanjo before. I was working on this tune on my prucha mandolin, maybe I'll post a version of it later. It's a beautiful tune.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Your fingers move like spider legs on the fretboard. Looks like chord melody playing is natural for you, Joe.
  8. Mike Floorstand
    Mike Floorstand
    Thanks Luurtie - I commissioned this 10-string myself, so maybe it is the only one! Looking forward to hearing your Prucha on this tune.

Frithjof - I can assure you this is not "natural", but the product of many hours of fumbling!
  9. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Nicely played, Mike! I also like the tone that your playing brings out in that banjo, sounds good.