Mull of the Mountain

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    You hear this played by harpists often in C, but we did it in D, following what thesession.org provides for our instruments

As a special bonus for Hendrik, we included footage from Nes, Ameland.
  2. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    As you can imagine I got emotional when I saw and heard this performance and the lovely beach of Ameland. Very nice Regina and Bertram! You know how I love the dutch Islands! I'm very flattered
  3. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Regina & Bertram, that is so beautiful! Excellent!
  4. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Excellent, beautiful & moving, it doesn't get any better than this. Thanks Bertram & Regina.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great version, Bertram and Regina. I really like your choice of instruments here.
    I know this Gaelic air as "Mull of the Cool, High Bens" and it was written by John Macdonald (1883 - 1940) as a tribute to his home when he was leaving Mull to emigrate to New Zealand.
    Mull is one of the largest of the Inner Hebrides, most usually accessed from the town of Oban. It is one of my county's (Argyllshire) most beautiful areas, and its highest mountain is Ben More, 966 metres and the only Munro on the island. A lovely contrast topographically with Hendrik's homeland.

Thanks for posting this one, Bertram.
  6. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Congratulations on a wonderful recording, thanks for sharing.
  7. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Beautiful! Wow. I love what y'all have done here.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Very sensitive performance, Regina and Bertram.
    I like how your instruments and your playing fits together.
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Absolutely lovely Bertram and Regina!
  10. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Very nice, thank you
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks John for the background information.
    Thank you all for the kind words
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I post this version here on behalf of Ginny Aitchison, with comments to be found in another thread:

13. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I'm not sure what the protocol is for posting to multiple threads of the same tune but here's my attempt.

14. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I'll ask Barbara to find out if both threads can be merged. There is a renaissance of new versions, apparently.
  15. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I don't think I have the ability to merge these two discussions of the same tune, into one discussion, but, as above, here is a link to this tune, Mull of the Mountains, started by Ginny Aitchison