Week #436 ~ Road to Columbus

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Road to Columbus, which was submitted as a Bluegrass tune.

You know those Bluegrass tunes, I'm usually pretty bad at finding notation...so any help will be appreciated! Here are some:

Mandolin tab and notation from Old-Time Music, Traditional Music Library

Standard Notation

2. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here's a link to when Old Sausage ran this tune as an 'Other Tune'. There's also a link to some tab and even an abc file!

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/gr...scussionid=752
  3. luurtie
    luurtie
    It's been a while sinds I posted a video. Here's my attempt on; "Road to Columbus".

4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Nicely played, luurtie! I'm still working out my version and am getting pretty close. Your breaks are full of good ideas and I think I might just borrow a few of your licks to fill out mine a bit more. Thanks for posting!
  5. JLewis
    JLewis
    Very nice, luurtie.
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I enjoy your relaxed picking, luurtie. Sounds great!
  7. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Finally made some time today to record the Road To Columbus. The mandolin is my old Kentucky Km600 and the guitar is a Simon & Patrick dreadnought.

8. luurtie
    luurtie
    Your playingstyle is so recognisable Michael, all those ornaments an triplets are just beautiful! You recorded a wonderfull version!
  9. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks luurtie. I think learning the Irish tunes has changed my style forever. The SAW group is one big melting pot of musical styles and it's one of the reasons it is so successful!
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Michael, it's great to have you posting videos again! Lovely, as always!
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Two great renditions by two master players! More of this, please.