the Mullinavat

1. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    just learning this reel at the minute, havent committed it to memory just yet so reading as i play, i quite like it played slow, its a beautiful tune, this is Mary Bergin's version. it would be great to hear some other versions

2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Memory seems to be the last obstacle before a final version there. Very good and clean.
    That's a cool music stand you've got there - now can you repeat that, standing on one leg, please?
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Oh, definitely on my "to learn" list! Getting started on that one this evening right after work as I'm due a new tune! Lovely stuff Lawrence!
  4. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    thanks Bertram, i inherited that stand from my father , he always set with his mug of tea on his knee, as a child it always amazed me how he managed it
    look forward to hearing your version Jill, i might do another myself, once i'm able to tap my foot to it.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine playing, Lawrence. Clean and no temptation to go at 100 mph.
    Bertram, I knew a man who always played standing on only one leg while on stage and when I asked him why, he said that if he tried to take that leg away he always fell flat on his back.
  6. Francis J
    Francis J
    That's a great version Lawrence. We don't hear too many Kilkenny tunes played and this is a fine one. Your story about the cup of tea is fantastic. As a grandfather myself, I notice some of my peculiarities being imitated by the little ones. It's the sincerest form of flattery!
  7. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Excellent, gortnamona! Great triplets too. I also like the phrasing (is that the right word?) where the notes make little statements or sentences. Very nice!
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Must get a version of this one up soon - I've a free day on Thursday so time to record!
  10. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    The luxury of a day off at last, been meaning to record this one since August when Lawrence first posted it!

11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You have a way with reels as well as jigs, Jill. Very fine playing there.
  12. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers John! The pressure was on here because the battery was running low on the video camera!
  13. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    super Jill, loved it
  14. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers Lawrence - a very Happy New Year to you!
  15. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    same to you and yours Jill