Week #426 ~ Dixie Hoedown

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Dixie Hoedown, which was submitted as a Bluegrass tune. Here's what I could find:

Here's a link to notation and TAB

Here is a link to notation on abcnotation.com
  2. Jim Roberts
    Jim Roberts
    One of my favorite tunes! Thanks.
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    DIxie Hoedown again? we did that one in week 277
    I made this version in august 2014, maybe time to improve my version.

4. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

And here is my version from that thread.
  5. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    That crosspicking in the second part sounds really nice Maudlin! Thanks for posting...
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Sorry for the duplication! Sometimes these things slip through the cracks... maybe if the administrator was more on the ball! ;-)
    Let's just chalk it up to seeing how things have changed over the years, haha! If anyone wants to go through the "Poll Tune Suggestions" list (the most current one), and check the ones still on the list, against tunes that have already had a run as Official Tune of the Week, I sure won't mind! Just shoot me a private message if you find any, and I'll take them off the list. I know there are probably some that have had a run as "Other Tunes", and you can notify me if you find those, but I've been OK with putting them on the list for "official tunes" suggestions.....
  7. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    A version from 2014 for the SAW. I hear a thing or two I could do different. May take a crack at it again.