A Fresh Start

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Here's another tune I wrote in february 2014. It's a kind of bluegrassy tune. I was cycling to my a new job when It came up in my head.

You can find the sheet music on my weblog luurtieful.blogspot.com
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    That's a nice optimistic sounding tune. Exactly what you need after too much windless sailing
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Betram, I love your sense of humor! By the way, this tune should sound optimisic, I found a new job when I wrote that tune! I still love working there, so I should go for the feelgood and other happy tunes nowadays...
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Another great wee tune.
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Nice tune! How do you keep a melody in mind when it comes to you on the bike? Do you just keep rehearsing it, or do you use a dictaphone?
  6. Heidd
    Heidd
    Love it!
  7. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for the compliments for this tune. I always keep my olympus voicerecorder/mp3 player with me Gelsenbury. When I'm home I can't remember anything
  8. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Really enjoying this tune.
  9. Al Trujillo
    Al Trujillo
    Love this one!
  10. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    I usually just skulk around, buy I finally had to login to tell you, Luurtie, how much I enjoy your playing and your compositions. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
  11. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Here I am, 1 1/2 years later, and I can play along with you on youtube at 75%. What a great tune!
  12. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I bet you can play it at 150% after three years Kay! I hope to come up with a new recording of this tune.. Maybe I can find a banjoplayer who is willing to help me make it a real bluegrasstune...
  13. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    You are giving me too much credit; I've been playing off and on (mostly off) for 51 years and am still a beginner with two speeds: slow and not-quite-so-slow. Fortunately Youtube allows me to play along with most of you guys.
  14. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    With this group's tradition of web-based collaboration, I'm sure you could find a banjo player to add a line. But the tune works well as it is! Barbara has been asking for bluegrass suggestions for a while, so I support the idea of suggesting your tunes.