Chain of Daisies

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    My new waltz is called; "Chain of Daisies". I made those chains when I was a little kid. When I was noodlin' around with this tune I suddenly remembered my aversion towards soccer. Being a goalkeeper was the only thing I could maintain. There were always a lot of daisies in the field so I could do something creative while the other kids ran behind the ball.

2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Hi Luurtie, I like your playing a lot. The whole production seems very professional.
    Would be helpful if you offer some sheet music. I’m not good in playing by ear.

I enjoyed your new waltz the day it came out. Some days later my laptop lost internet connection. And the mobile don’t work for SAW. Now I’m astonished that nobody answered in almost two weeks. Probably you made a big mistake to confess your aversion towards soccer. It’s a stigma and they let it feel you. I can empathize with you.
    The unkind fate made me an unlucky goalkeeper, too.
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Missed out on this one - absolutely lovely piece, and I can relate to the soccer theme. I always was a center-back in school: sitting on the lawn while the ball was near the opposing goal, getting up and showing fake action when the throng came nearer.
    There are three problems with soccer and I have found solutions for them all:

#1 - boredom (too little is going on, hardly any action around the goals, sometimes whole games go by just passing the ball back and forth). Solution: the field is halved in length and width respectively, number of players and goal size remain the same. Now even a goalkeeper can score goals.

#2 - Statistically insignificant number of goals hit (you never know which team is the better one, because too much depends on coincidence and happenstance). Solution: the game does not run for 90 minutes, but exactly as long as it takes to score a total of 11 goals; that'll put an end to those draws as well.

#3 - too much violence and injuries. Solution: fouls are not answered with yellow or red cards, but every foul directly leads to penalty (and because of the halved field length, penalties are shot from 5 1/2 meters, not from 11 meters); that will also counter the tendency of rule #2 to produce overly long games.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Missed this one too, Hendrik. Great tune and playing and the chain effect is certainly there too.
    As a Scot, I know all the trials of football, certainly at the national level!
  5. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for all the compliments and for willing to forgive my negative feelings about football..
    Frithjof: I wrote down sheet music right away when I read the comments, I always hope anyone likes to play my tunes. Good luck with playing this one!

You can find the sheet music on my weblog luurtieful.blogspot.com
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks, Luurtie, for the prompt service.