Newbie Tune of the Month Index

1. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Our tune of the month follows the sequence of tunes found in the Song of the Week Social Group. Since we are starting years after them and move from one tune to the next only once a month, it is doubtful that we will run out of tunes. The threads for individual tunes in the Song of the Week group are indexed Here from which you can read commentary and watch videos from their group. Many of their videos don't work - either the video has been taken down or it is in an obsolete format. Probably not a problem with your computer or our website.

Links to each Tune of the Month Thread in the Newbies group:

May 2018: Midnight On The Water
    April 2018: The Rights of Man
    March 2018: Red Wing (Union Maid)
    February 2018: Flowers of Edinburgh
    January 2018: Wayfaring Stranger
    December 2017: E.M.D.
    November, 2017: Cherokee Shuffle
    October, 2017: Bluegrass Stomp
    September, 2017: It's a twofer: Harvest Home and/or Off to California
    August, 2017: I Am A Pilgrim
    July, 2017: Southern Flavor
    June, 2017: Bill Cheatham
    May, 2017: Kentucky Waltz
    April, 2017: The Swallowtail Jig
    March, 2017: Forked Deer
    February, 2017: Liberty
    January, 2017: Salt Creek
    December, 2016: Cold Frosty Morning
    November, 2016: Big Sciota
    October, 2016: We took a holiday from TOTM
    September, 2016: Squirrel Hunters
    August, 2016: Over the Waterfall
    July 2016: Soldier's Joy
    June 2016: Irish Washerwoman
    May, 2016: Fisher's Hornpipe
    April, 2016: (two threads on this one) Road to Lisdoonvarna and the thread that started us off on this tune and the whole TOTM thing is here
  2. bbcee
    bbcee
    That's super helpful Hank, thanks for cutting down on the confusion. I can use all the help I can get.
  3. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    This post is reserved for page 2 of the index. Post #1 may bump into its character limit at some point, so I am putting this dummy post in to serve as a place holder, thus keeping the index at the top of the thread.
  4. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    This post is reserved for page 3 of the index. I'll be dead by the time it gets used up so you guys will be on your own.
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Great idea, I had fun this morning using the index to travel back in time a bit
  6. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    Very good idea , Hanks. Of course , I had to read the list with a bit of dismay. I can play 3 tunes very well and 2 others sorta kinda. (Note to self. We are not keeping score).
  7. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    I skipped 2 in there never found a version of Salt Creek or Cold Frosty Morning that moved me to learn them
  8. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    bump
  9. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Good stuff, thanks!
  10. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    bump
  11. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    What does "bump" mean - in the context of these posts?
  12. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Thread bump. I don't want the index to get lost way down the list of Newbies threads. Editting a post does not bring the thread to the top of the list, but posting a new response does. So I post a dummy response after I edit the index. Every now and then I go back and delete my older "bump" responses.
  13. Brian560
    Brian560
    There is a New Years Resolution in those Tunes of the Months
  14. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Henry, I don't think you're a dummy at all! Lol

Brian, I look forward to a video post each month next year.
  15. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Good one Sherry.

Come to think of it, pretty much all my responses are dummy responses.
  16. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Even the PM you sent me a few days ago??? The one that made me cry?
  17. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Sorry. That wasn't a PM. It was a Forum post.
  18. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Seems I upset a lot of people too
  19. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I'm sorry, Mark. You were just taking up for me. No one should have beat you up for that.
  20. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Don't worry, Sherry, it's all good - and no one has beaten me up! I stabbed myself in the thumb, though

Just to set the record straight, in case anyone is confused by this conversation, I did not PM mean things to Sherry and make her cry ... Sherry sent me a PM to tell me that she was crying. Some dummy post I wrote made her cry. Or something like that. Moving on now ...
  21. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I've moved on as well, but just for the record, I didn't actually cry. I was just touched by Mark's post and wanted him to know it.

OK, Henry. Mark and I have done our part to keep this thread at the forefront.
  22. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Thanks Sherryc. I'd hate for somebody not to be able to find the index. Much appreciated.
  23. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Bump
  24. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Index is up to date!