Week #397 ~ La Maison De Glace - French Canadian Jig

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is La Maison De Glace - French Canadian Jig (Rejean Brunet). I'm not familiar with it.

Here is a link to two settings of this tune on thesession.org

2. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    What a gorgeous tune. Learning it this morning, I thought it might pair well with the Cuil Aodha Jig. So here they are:

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  3. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Bob, that was very nicely done. I always like your uke backing and of course the concertina sounds great with mandolin. Good pairing of tunes. I was trying to find a way to pair this one with Peter Jung's "Far Away" but couldn't quite make it work. So here's La Maison de Glace all by itself with some mandolin, concertina, tenor banjo, cittern & organ.

4. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Two great versions. Here is my take. I really like this tune. My first post in about a year but I retired a week ago so I hope to have more time for this activity!

Wow I actually made it work! there might be hope for me yet.
  5. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Your video is private Robert so we cant see it. Perhaps you could alter the settings.
  6. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Thanks, David and Robert. David, that's a sweet version--great bounce, and very danceable. I always look forward to hearing the way you interpret a tune. Robert, I hope I get to hear yours as well!

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  7. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    I think I have made it public. Still learning.......
  8. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    It's public now, and deserves to be - sounds great, good tone and timing!