Week #391 ~ The Girl That Broke My Heart

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is The Girl That Broke My Heart, which is a reel. I'm not familiar with this tune. It's also known as The Girl Who Broke My Heart. It seems that this tune fits into the category of Irish Traditional (IT).

Here's a link to five settings on The Session.. Make sure to read the comments section, too, for more info!

2. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Finally got a moment to record this, have had some added distractions in the form of a new puppy and a new concertina!

3. Francis J
    Francis J
    You hit the nail on the head there Jill, lovely pace and toe tapping swing. Just the right amount of ornamentation, and your mandolin sounds really really good.
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers Francis!
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely playing and pace, Jill. Looking forward to hearing the concertina when you get round to recording something (between all the walks for the puppy!).
  6. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I'll put a few more hours in on the concertina before I brave a tune for ye all, but I have to say I'm loving it, great craic altogether so it is! The pup is a beagle and keeping me very busy, will post a photo of her soon as well!
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Enjoyed your fine playing, Jill. Nice shuffle/pulse to it.
  8. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Thanks Don, you're too kind!