Week #380 ~ Sergeant Early's Dream

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Sergeant Early's Dream, which was submitted as a reel. I'm not familiar with it.

Here's some notation from abcnotation.com

Here's notation and mandolin tab from www.MandoLessons.com

Here are three settings on thesession.org

Here's the youtube video from MandoLessons.com

More YouTube videos:

2. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    I happened to record and upload this one (paired with "Tuttle's Reel") about a year and a half ago. So here's that version to start things off:

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  3. crisscross
    crisscross
    Very nice playing. Bob!
  4. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Thanks, crisscross!

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Finally got around to doing some recording - "Mandolin Hating Dog" aka Stella, my sidekick of 14 years passed away last week so I didn't feel much like playing.

6. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    I hesitate to re-post this, as it's ancient (2010), and starts with a different tune to to go int Sgt Early, and I flubbed the ending. But here it is anyway:

I should probably re-record the set.
  7. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Nice one Dana, and your Collings sounds smashing - I've been getting my head turned by Collings MT/MT2's recently and your video just adds fuel to the fire!
  8. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Jill, thanks. As it turns out, that Collings MT has gone to a new owner. A year or so ago, I discovered that I prefer the oval-hole sound, so got the MT-O. I just couldn't see owning 2 fancy mandos, so the MT went. So if I do rerecord these, that's what you'll hear.
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I may be putting $$ down on an MT-O meself today, fingers crossed!