Week #374 ~ Jerry Beaver's Hat

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Jerry Beaver's Hat, which was submitted as an Irish Jig.

Here is a link to three settings on thesession.org.

2. Tommcgtx
    Tommcgtx
    This is my first post here. My Basset Hound Peanut is snoozing in the background...

3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Great first post! Welcome!
  4. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Lovely job, Tommcgtx.

Here it is paired with "The Humours of Ennistymon." After hearing about Wegen picks for many years I finally picked up a few last week, and I'm using one here. Very nice, though the 1.5 mm size (the heaviest mandolin pick that happened to be in stock) is a bit thinner than I like. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of the 2.5 mm ones to see if I like it better.

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  5. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Really nicely done Bob, I love the uke backing and The Humours of Ennistymon is one of my favorite jigs. Great set.
  6. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Thanks, David!

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  7. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Nicely played Tom. I have done a slightly different version to start with but the same as you the second time through.
    Bob - very enjoyable, well up to your usual high standard.
  8. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Great first post Tom - lovely tone from the mandolin.
    Accomplished ensemble playing as ever Bob.
    Nice triplets maudlin with admirable economy of right hand movement.

Here's mine on tenor banjo. I'm playing along with a bodhran backing track from Mark Stones album "bodhran" which has a number of solo bodhran tracks - slightly more enjoyable to practice with than a metronome.

9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Nice variations James!
  10. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    I play this followed by Father Dollard's Favorite.