New (used) Poe owner

1. mandocreek
    mandocreek
    I bought Poe #2, a black faced A5, a few months ago and I am loving this instrument more every day! Other than being by far the most comfortable and beautiful mandolin I have ever played, it is just a tone monster. I have also an 85 Flatiron A5 Artist that sounds fantastic. But after a new set up and strings on the Flatiron and playing them side x side today, I have to say that I prefer the sound of the Poe. They do have different strengths, as the Flatiron is X-braced as opposed to tone bars on the Poe. So glad that I pulled the trigger on this one. Andy was great to deal with as well. Love my Poe!
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Welcome to the Poe club mandocreek. I'm pleased to hear that someone appreciative bought Poe #2. It's a real beauty. My Poe A5 (#16) is my favorite mandolin and even beats my Ellis A5 in looks, tone, and volume. Enjoy your new baby.
  3. mandocreek
    mandocreek
    What I am most impressed with is the fact that Andy Poe is such an incredible artist with the detail/fit/finish, but is also such an expert at building such beautiful sounding instruments as well. Many luthiers understandably stick to a few standard styles. But Andy's portfolio shows a huge range of different build styles/finishes/inlays, etc. And all are just incredibly beautiful instruments. I will be very surprised if there is not a Fretboard Journal article about Poe in the future.
  4. NateRed88
    NateRed88
    Glad to hear #2 found a good home. That instrument was a joy to play!