Visit to Silverangel country

1. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Monday I was privileged to visit Ken in his home. I was picking up a new distressed Silverangel for a friend. (more about that in a future post). I carried my Silver Eagle with me to show Ken and let him check it over to see if it needed any tweaking. I got to the little town of Elliottville and called Ken. He drove down so we could follow him up, and I could see why. The road got smaller and smaller as we wound around into the hills. At road's end stood Ken's home, a veritable castle, hand built by Ken. A small workshop turns out the world's best mandolins. Ken is a most gracious host, and his Dad wandered in, as well. We spent a wonderful couple of hours, pickin' the mandolins sitting in the front room. And he was very happy with the way my Cynthia was sounding (as am I) We hated to leave but it was a long way back to Nashville. If any of you folks get the chance to visit Ken, he really does like to see his mandolins come home for a visit.
  2. Andrew Roberts
    Andrew Roberts
    I was up at Ken's house back in April or so when I put in my order for a mandolin. It was so cool heading up the hill, and it was a beautiful place to spend some time getting to know Ken a little bit and pick some great mandolins.