Week #341 ~ Music for a Found Harmonium

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Music for a Found Harmonium. According to The Session, this tune is also known as Gracieís Favourite, Harmonium, Music For The Found Harmonium, The Rights Of Men, Simonís, Tune For A Found Harmonium, Vote For Pedro.

Here is a link to this tune on thesession.org

And here's a link to a discussion about the tune on thesession.ocg.

According to what I've found, this tune was written by the late Simon Jeffes of the Penguin Cafe Orchestra

2. JLewis
    JLewis
    My first exposure to this tune was by The Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. Fantasized becoming able to play it but only recently found tab. All that's left is developing the technical ability to get up to speed. Still fantasizing.

3. jonny250
    jonny250
    i love this tune, but there is something manic about it! i like the Patric Street band version particularly.
    Here is my sloooow version; i used a loop pedal for a backing track plus click track:
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Bravo... really well done. By the way, that's such a cool sounding and looking instrument.
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a great version, Jonny. It looks very hard to play.
  6. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Very well done Jonny!! Especially difficult on that long neck!! I agree with Michael too, nice looking and sounding instrument. What is it and have you previously used it in one of your videos?
  7. jonny250
    jonny250
    thanks guys i love my octave! woodenfingers its a Weber Vintage A, 22" neck and yes i use it sometimes in other saw vids.
  8. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Great stuff Jonny. Mike Marshall helpfully spelled out the chords for the section in F and they are F Bb and A7.
    Here is my version on a Savannah.
  9. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Way to go Maudlin!! You got it going there!
  10. jonny250
    jonny250
    nicely done Maudlin; the second parts you can do FFFC FFFC then the Bb and A7 parts. i find the A7 part the hardest by miles...