Pava #108

1. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Well my Pava #108 arrived this morning safely. Well all I can say is what a beauty and what craftpersonship! The colour and finish is superb, the sunburst is subtle and refined and the figure on the back is one of the best I have had on a mandolin.

I have no issues with the rounded neck profile. I prefer to the V-neck shape I have on my Arches FT-O. The neck shape is slightly more rounded than my Black #20. I could not be happier.

The tone is nicely rounded out and I agree that it is not the loudest A-mandolin but boy is she refined in her voice right out of the box. My Black #20 has more cut and volume and a different voice entirely.

I look forward to long hours of playing her.
  2. wmaness
    wmaness
    Hey Nick, congratulations on the new Pava. I have old #55 and love it! Enjoy it and post more pictures. Wayne
  3. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Will do Wayne. She is a really pretty mandolin. I have to get her in the right light.
  4. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Pictures of her are in the group photos.

Cheers

Nic
  5. Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    Great looking Pava Nick! I'm anxious to find a new one hanging somewhere to play to compare to mine. See if there is a difference after a year of hard playing.

Enjoy. It is a special instrument imo.
  6. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Hi Mark,

I have noticed a difference in tone and volume after the third or so week of playing. I am hoping that she opens up further in the coming year. Thanks for the feedback. I think I might be the only Pava owner in Australia at the moment. I agree she is a special instrument.