Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is an instrumental cover version of "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", written by Fred Rose. I have recorded it as a trio of mandolin, tenor guitar and mandocello, keeping it very simple.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

Martin
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    That's a fine interpretation, Martin. Sometimes a simple song doesn't work when you remove the lyrics, but your arrangement brings out the simple beauty of the melody. I love the choice of pictures too!
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, John -- I think it's a lovely tune without lyrics.

After it was pointed out to me that I missed a chord change in the first couplet, I've done a small edit in the rhythm track to correct the mistake. I've updated the Youtube video in the original post to point to the new version. The lead sheet I have used is here.

Martin
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Nice version Martin! I was looking for a simple tune, that I was able to play with a steelstring flatpicking guitar backup, a technique, that is completely new to me.
    And I wanted to work on the tone of my cheap tenor...
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Man, I love this tune too, and really like what you guys have done with it. Good tremolo as usual for you, Martin. The guitars sound great too, CrissCross. I hope I can do a version of this soon.

BTW, here's a note from a fellow Texan ...

6. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks Willie!
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I like this tune and the work you've done on it CC. It has the right feel to it. I enjoyed it very much.