Week #294 ~ Bucks of Oranmore

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner was Bucks of Oranmore, which was submitted as an Irish Traditional tune. The Session says it is also known as The Box Will Hold No More, Buckets Of More And More, The Bucks Of Aranmore, The Bucks Of Arranmore, The Bucks Of Bohermore, The Bucks Of Clare, The Bucks Of Oran Mor, The Bucks, The Hearty Bucks Of Oranmore, The Hearty Bucks, The Trucks Of Bohermore.

Here is notation and abc from abcnotation.com from the Henrik Norbeck collection.

Here's another from abcnotation.com from the Celtic Arts Center of Southern California Slow Session.

Here's a link to the tune on thesession.org

Here are some You Tube videos:

I couldn't pass this one up, on harmonica!!!

2. jonny250
    jonny250
    One of the things i love about this group is the variety of songs and tunes that i would probably never ever play otherwise - i really like this tune and looking forward to hearing peoples interpretations. I particularly like this version:
  3. jonny250
    jonny250
    oooh I get to be first!
    here it is, off on holiday in a couple of days so wanted to get something up. Defo one that will get worked on regularly:
  4. Niavlys
    Niavlys
    Good job! (and nice collection!)
  5. crisscross
    crisscross
    I think I like the banjo best, but the mandolin and the bouzouki are also nice!
  6. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Well done Jonny-nice backing and selection of instruments.
    My effort is an arrangement from the 8 notes site. The third section was a complete nightmare so I left it out-just played 1st 2nd and 4th.
  7. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Wrong video
  8. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Here it is.
  9. Niavlys
    Niavlys
    I'm a bit late because I didn't find much time to record over the last two days, but here it is:

Great tune! Thanks for making me learn it
  10. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for letting us hear this. Excellent playing Niavlys!
  11. Niavlys
    Niavlys
    Thank you luurtie!
  12. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Hi Johnny, love the composition with the banjo and zouk. Maudlin and Niavlys, great pickin. Niavlys, you sure can get up to speed there!! Chris Thile better watch out.
  13. Niavlys
    Niavlys
    Haha, thanks, but I'm still miles away from him in terms of speed and more importantly in terms of precision and tone…
  14. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Better late than never. I combined this with 3 other reels and invited some special guests: The Clancy Brothers, John Hartford and ZZtop

15. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Phenomenal! This is totally deserving of a Bertramesque comment of which I am sorrily lacking. I am speechless.
  16. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Well done Bertram for playing what I recall as a rather difficult piece. The only thing is that the beard is far too neat and tidy for a convincing Z Z Top impersonation - you will have to let it grow out of control for a month or two!
  17. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Well done Bertram (and ensemble) on a myriad of instruments... really like the hat!
  18. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That's so cool! What a show!
  19. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Bertram, wow!!! I love it!
  20. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks very much Lady and Gentlemen. I had to make do with props, of course - growing a true ZZ Top beard would take a year, and I'd have to shave for Clancy&Hartford (let alone losing weight for the latter)
  21. Francis J
    Francis J
    Super show Bertram, all that's missing is a bit of dancing around.......

22. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Wow! Best show in town, Bertram. And it's a big town where you live!
  23. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Spectacular performance!! Amazing to get all those performers working so well together!!
  24. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks again gents. That is an interesting feat Francis, and now I know how they do it