Week #282 ~ Columbus Stockade

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Columbus Stockade, which was suggested as a Bluegrass tune. I'm not familiar with it.

Michael Pastucha found this you tube video:

I found this notation on Traditional Bluegrass Music.

and this on on a dulcimer site.
  2. justkaron
    justkaron

And then there's always this rippin' GREAT rendition!
  3. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Here's Bill and his Blue Grass Boys in 1942

4. justkaron
    justkaron
    This thread is gonna be good......
    Well....already is.
  5. luurtie
    luurtie
    Three years ago Chris Jones visited Holland and played Colombus Stockade with my band Close to Home. It's me with my mandolin on the foreground and the other mandolinplayer is Hendrik Ahrend from Germany who brought his mandolin too. He's a professional mandolinplayer as you can hear at 3.10 A once in a lifetime experience!

6. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    How cool is that, Hendrik! What fun.
  7. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Great band Hendrick-well played.
    This is Dix Bruce's arrangement which can be found on Mandozine.
  8. Niavlys
    Niavlys
    Very nicely played, maudlin mandolin. Too bad some strings aren't perfectly tuned. By the way, do you happen to own the exact same mandola as I do? You can see mine in my Ashokan Farewell video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTW6W2EORSI (0:57)
    I'm curious because mine came from a flea market, and I don't have any informations about its brand or origin.

Edit: Hmm, it seems it's a mandolin anyway, not a mandola, but maybe the same brand (if any)?
  9. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    Nicely done, Mauldin. I've sat down to learn this once before and never got it under my fingers. Maybe I should give it another go.