gfed cBAG|e2d2d2D2|c2B2A2G2|FGAF D2r2|
    EFGE FGAF|GABG ABcA|d2g2 bagf|g6:||

X: 3
    T: Carolan's Draught
    R: reel
    M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    K: Gmaj
    G/A/B/c/ d/e/f/d/ gf/e/ dd | eEdD c/B/A/G/ F/G/A/F/ | G/A/B/c/ d/e/f/d/ gf/e/ dd | fe/d/ A^c d4 :|
    b/a/g/f/ g/a/b/g/ f/g/a/f/ ^d^c/B/ | ef/g/ a/f/g/e/ ^d/e/f/d/ Bg/a/ | bBaA gGfF | Ee/f/ g/e/f/d/ e2f2 |
    g/f/e/d/ c/B/A/G/ ed dc/B/ | cB BA/G/ ed dc/B/ | cB/c/ A/B/G/A/ F/G/A/F/ DD | G/A/B/c/ d/e/f/d/ gf/e/ dd |
    G/A/B/c/ d/e/f/d/ gf/e/ dd | e/f/g/e/ c/d/e/c/ A/B/c/A/ F/G/A/F/ | D/E/F/G/ A/B/c/A/ B/G/F/G/ gf/e/ | d/B/c/A/ B/G/A/F/ G4 ||

You can convert this ABC notation to mandolin tab, standard notation, or midi sound files here...
    http://mandolintab.net/abcconverter.php

Here's a page with mandolin tab...
    http://www.mandolintab.net/tabs.php?...aught&id=01624

Here's a stunning version from someone we all know...

Here's a lovely mandolin/guitar duet from George Chudacoff and Kathy Buttrell

Here's a creative arrangement for twin mandolins from Simon Mayler...
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I recorded and posted my version of this tune a few months ago. This is an arrangement for two flutes from a Japanese site (Link). I've changed it into a mandolin duet, with tenor guitar backing.

Washburn M-3SW mandolin (which I've since sold)
    1921 Gibson Ajr mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar

Martin
  3. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Recorded on my Gibson A-0 last Dec.
  4. Francis J
    Francis J
    Wow! two great versions, and quick off the mark too. Here's mine..

5. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Two excellent previous posts and a new one already. That's fast!
    Francis that's such a musical and expressive interpretation. I really like the tempo and ornamentation. I'm enjoying learning along with it. Thanks.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Francis!

Here is our site owner himself -- a great version from Scott T with Bill Crahan:

Scott's transcription can be found in both the tab and standard notation sections in the Cafe homepage.

Martin
  7. Francis J
    Francis J
    I have always loved Scott and Bill's version. It's classy and so relaxed. Thanks for the kind comments Marcy and Martin
  8. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    This was fun; a tune I had forgotten I remembered. But whatever past lifetime it came from, it was in D, not G.

9. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    What an inspiring start, David, Dusty, Francis and Colin.
    Francis, I really like the lilt you get in your playing.
    I was not sure about the tempo. No YouTube of O'Carolan playing his tune
    I guess he wanted to drain his draught fast to get another one, so I sped it up a bit.
  10. 9lbShellhamer
    9lbShellhamer
    Here's my try at it...sorry for giving you all the middle finger half the time

For the backing track here, I recorded myself playing the guitar chords on an iPod touch, then played it through separate speakers while recording the mando section.

Great job to you all. You sound G R E A T.

11. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Martin, well played with your usual style. I very much appreciate the Hatao versions of O'Carolan that you set me onto some time back, thanks. Dusty, I am always taken in by the clear tone you get. It's not all due to the mandolin - great playing. Francis, a very jaunty version of the tune, I loved it!! I try playing tunes in different rhythms and styles because it helps me remember the tunes better. I'll have to work on your one!! Colin, great double stops up the neck, well done. Manfred, I'm going to steal those triplets and drones of yours, very nice. 9lb, excellent tremolo and I liked the minor notes too. Here's mine, using the Hatao arrangement posted by Martin:

12. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Great arrangement 9lb with some nice tremolo in there. A sprightly version of the piece from Bob- I like the super clear sound you get on your videos so I decided to follow suit and invested in a usb condenser microphone. Hope you can tell the difference from my computer built-in mike I used up to now
  13. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Maudlin - definitely sounds much better! The frequency response of the new mic is likely much better than the computer mic. Also, a problem with using the computer for recording audio and video at the same time is that you sit close for the video but then the mandolin is too loud and overpowers the mic and amplifier causing clipping. You might try experimenting with the USB mic, placing it further and further away and looking for a good balance between volume and audio quality. You are definitely getting a better sound now.
  14. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Canít offer such a great version like you experienced players so thatís what Iím able to come up with. Recorded with the micros of my Sony Handycam.

15. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I like it! If mine turns out to be of a similar standard, I'll be happy. I tried to record the tune this evening, was satisfied enough with the 24th take, and then realised that the sound was all clipped and far too noisy! So I'll make another attempt when I next have time ...
  16. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I got it done now:
  17. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Loads of very fine versions for this choice, folks, and in a variety of styles, instrumentation and tempo. I have belatedly recorded this version on mandolin and guitar and at the slower tempo that some of you have chosen. The mandolin is one of my own creations and the one I am currently playing most!