First thread

1. pezdork
    pezdork
    Hi all. Pezdork here. So I thought I would start out by just saying that I love my washburn m118sw. I get tons of compliments on its looks but I think it's a wonderfully woody sounding mandolin with great chop and decent volume. Of course my bar to measure these by is a Johnson a mandolin and some the loars and kentuckys I have tried. For me the best part is th wider fretboard. This has really opened things up for me.

So if you are thinking about getting a washburn, or the price I don't think there is better, and even ignoring price it's a great little mandolin.

For those naysayers, it's all good, I like that it's kind of a secret. :p
  2. Roger Moss
    Roger Moss
    That's a pretty sweet instrument you've got there, Pezdork. I've got a more basic instrument myself, a M1SDL. Not the most expensive instrument but beautiful and excellent functioning mando. I'll post pictures soon. I'm hoping more Washburn owners will add in their input as well. In the meantime welcome aboard!
  3. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    I got the M120K Richie Owens model, I like. Also got a Eastan 305 A Style, like both, but Washburn seems to make a nice mandolin.
  4. Tombstone Holliday
    Tombstone Holliday
    Hi my name Tombstone Holliday I am new to mandolin world I ordered a washburn m116skw online waiting for it to come
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Just got the M106SW and loving the wider nut. This little mando is a lot of fun to play.
  6. Tony Ray
    Tony Ray
    Greetings,
    My name is Tony Ray, and I'm new here.
    Ordered the Washburn M108SWK from Sweetwater and awaiting its arrival.
    Very excited to begin my new Mandolin journey.
    Been researching everything mandolin, and accumulating many tabs, etc...
    Best Regards on Your Mandolin Journey as well...
    Tony Ray
  7. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Hey Tony, that's great! Do you play any other instruments, or are you a new beginner to music?