Week #254 ~ Bridget Cruise

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  2. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Great version from David Hansen posted by Barbara. It's amazing how he manages to record his song for the week a year early!
    Here is my version with backing from piano, guitar and my recently acquired piano accordion which is a lot of fun.
  3. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Bridget Cruise 4th Air
  4. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Very good James- is that the 3rd setting ? Nice to hear the 4th version from dustyamps.
    I have gone for the 3rd setting from the session
  5. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Dusty's 4th version is very different. I'm assuming mine is the 3rd version though it is rather different to yours Maudlin. Mine is a shameless rip off of David's version which he listed as the third, so if it is something entirely different I'm blaming him!
  6. luurtie
    luurtie
    It's a very nice version you made last year David. Justin, James and Maudlin you did wel on this tune. That piano is wonderful James. I don't understand the exact timing of the most versions I've heard, so I made it a slow waltz. The sun is getting it's strength back, so I filmed outside.

7. Obiwan
    Obiwan
    James sounds beautiful especially with the piano accordion.
    Dusty amp nice fermion enjoyed the pictures to.
    Maudlin very nice you move from the melody to the chords with ease I was having difficulty with that
    Luturie very beautiful version nice guitar and that mandolin sounds very nice, Clark ? And the flute is a very nice touch.

Here is mine had the hardest time with the accordion but got it done. Used the girouard A5 for the melody. Didn't realize it picked up the metronome from my head phones.... Just a little added rhythm I guess lol.
  8. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Well since I picked & recorded the song of the week a year in advance I thought I'd give Bridget Cruise, the 4th air a shot. The video is the little creek which is my front yard. There was no water in the creek till the rains from last weekend filled it up.

9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Here is my recording. I start on the third air, go to the second and then reprise the third to finish. This is based on a Mel Bay arrangement for hammered dulcimer by Maggie Sansone (Link), although I have rejigged it somewhat.

I start out on tenor guitar with a mandocello bassline, with the tenor guitar switching to harmony when the mandolin comes in on the repeat.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

[MP3=1]http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116584&d=1394499251[/MP3]

Martin
  10. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Another fine set of posts this week. James, wonderful work with the piano and it is great to hear the accordion which was well played! Maudlin, great pickin as usual. Luurtie, great version and I am jealous of your Spring weather. The snow is finally melting here. Obiwan, nice accordion playing too. It's amazing how many accordions are lurking in people's closets. I was tempted to drag mine out. Daivd, fantastic mix of instruments as always. I just love the sound you get. Martin, another great mix of instruments and arrangements.

I did mine as a cross-town collaboration, not quite trans-Atlantic or bi-coastal, but same idea. I had Carrie Wild record her fiddle track on an iphone and send it to me. I then mixed in guitar, mandolin, and octave mandolin. All of the artwork is Carrie's original watercolor paintings. We will use the video for marketing at the gallery, etc.

11. spruce-bruce
    spruce-bruce
    Hi guys first time contributing here

12. jonny250
    jonny250
    well played all you guys! i took a look but found it all a bit confusing this week [and i have a pile of songs on the learn for Paddies day...].
    Spruce-Bruce, welcome to the SAW and wow - i love your music room!
  13. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Welcome Aaron. Very nice first post.
    Gary
  14. spruce-bruce
    spruce-bruce
    Thanks guys! I saw this group and realized it's a great way to work on arranging which is something I desperately want to be good at.
  15. jasona
    jasona
    Nice vid and welcome! In fact, you have inspired me to try and get a recording of this posted.