Deciding between a 600 and a 700

1. Jimrl
    Jimrl
    Hello Loar Lovers,

I have a LM 400 and love the heck out of it because of bright clear sound. I'm considering moving into an F-style, the Loar of course.

I'm leaning toward a LM700 but they are way more expensive than the LM600. My question is this: What makes the 700 better (more expensive) than the 600. What do they do to the 700 that they didn't do to the 600?

If I decide on getting the LM600 what would I be missing out on by not spending the extra money for the LM700? Is there a difference in the sound between the two?

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Jim
  2. Perry Babasin
    Perry Babasin
    The 600 is more traditional in construction with tone bars, where the 700 has a top engineered to not need or have tone bars. The 700 has a deeper bass with a more "modern" sound where the 600 has a more traditional balanced tone with strong mid-range. The Monroe type of sound. The 700 is the top of their line (so far) and I think they have more select woods as well. BTW they can both be pretty awesome certainly as an intermediate to advanced player, I don't think you can go wrong with either although everyone seems to complain a little about minor finishing issues (under the extension and inside the scroll for example).