The Table of Contents

1. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    Barbara and folks who know something about this,

are you going to have to maintain this table of contents constantly? from what i can tell, the average user would only have the option to reply. wouldn't this cause the page to
    1. either become too large,
    or if we are only updating the strings like we have been
    2. move the table of contents to the bottom (sort of defeating the purpose)
    ???

I opened up a test profile to try to determine if I could figure something that would be fixed to the top. anyone understand what i'm saying?
  2. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Barb has already asked Scott if she can 'sticky' threads at the top (like he can do) and he said that option isn't available for the social groups.
  3. HddnKat
    HddnKat
    but doesn't it move a thread back up every time it's updated?
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I am going to have to try to update the table of contents as often as possible. Every day or so. This should keep it near the top. When it reaches the size limit for a post, I have to start another one (like i did for the 'other' tunes already) It will take a while for the official tune of the week to get so large that it takes a 2nd page. Since we have such an active group, I may do something that moves the table of contents to the top, but if we have 10 different discussion threads posted or replied to after that, it will be down to #11!
  5. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    The other thing that could be done would be to use a blog (either on or off mandolin cafe) to provide a table of contents for the social group. This could be maintained by one person or a small group and would have the advantage that it could be controlled by its owner, and would always be at the same URL.
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hmmm... well, my 'editing' the table of contents by updating, DOESN'T move it to the top! It would need to be discussed (which I can update it by editing, then post a reply that is meant to just move it up, I guess) I'll have to play around with this to figure out the best way to do it. I think it would be best for the table of contents to be within this group, and easy to find!