You Are My Flower

1. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    It was a rainy, miserable day here in SC. Unseasonably cold, really. We hung around the house for the most part and picked. This was a favorite from the evening. Can't go wrong with the Carter family.

2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Good use of a rainy night, you both sound great. It's raining here too, raining like it'll never stop.
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    If you want nice weather you probably better of in Holland this weekend, but your music is sounding a lot better than what comes out of my hands with these blue skies and budding flowers
  4. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That's awesome you guys. I love Carter tunes. The rain is my fault, sorry. We had this year's second foiled camping attempt set for this weekend.
  5. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    Ah, that explains it Marcelyn. I figured it was just because we had an extra day off, but that makes sense. Thanks everyone for the kind words.
  6. justkaron
    justkaron
    Oh my...just love this.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great sound from you both.
  8. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    One of my favorite tunes played and sung nicely!
  9. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    Thanks everyone, we really appreciate it. We spent a few hours listening to the Carters and this one jumped out. Not sure if I am doing that melody justice or not. It's surprising how difficult it is to hit it on the nose. We were back and forth over the vocal part as well. Our banjo player said it sounded like a harmony part, but I don't have the ear to know when it comes to singing. It is the hardest thing of all to do, in my opinion. We are trying to expand our repertoire of songs and I think the Carter family is a gold mine of material.
  10. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    We're on the same wave length at the moment, Steve. And speaking of gold mine--for anyone interested, a box set I recently came across entitled The Carter Family 1927-1934 has 5 CDs and over 125 songs. I got it used, but even new it's only $26. Pretty amazing. Here's a link.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Carter-Fam.../dp/B00005TPB7
  11. Gerard Dick
    Gerard Dick
    Just bought the set. Thanks for the tip Marcelyn.
  12. jonny250
    jonny250
    Really nice both of you. steve i think your accompaniement worked very well. good job
  13. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    If anyone subscribes to Rhapsody.com, you can listen to a couple dozen Carter family albums there as well. I like this music service because they have a tremendous amount of the music we play here available to listen to... and you can search by song title as well as artist. Makes it very easy to get examples for the Song of the Week from a variety of musicians.