Festival of the Bluegrass

1. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Anybody going? I'm shooting for Saturday.
  2. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Alrighty then!
  3. UsuallyPickin
    UsuallyPickin
    I thought about it but I'm headed for Kaufman Kamp next week so I've to much to do already. Have a great time. R/
  4. John Hill
    John Hill
    Yeah, we might roll in either late friday or early saturday...all depends on the weather. We'll be pulling a camper and staying in the primitive campground (out in a field for all those not familiar with the horse park) so if it's a raining then we ain't a coming.

We went last year and the acts were great as usual. I hope the weather cooperates so I can put a little festival mojo into the Breedlove.
  5. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Well, who else went and was horribly disappointed with the way Mountain Heart sounds now? I couldn't believe it! Left about 10 seconds after they started the second set when I saw it was going to be another 45 minutes of what they did earlier.
  6. John Hill
    John Hill
    Didn't make it Tracy. What was the problem with Mountain Heart?
  7. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    They hired some guy named Josh Schilling who is a blues singer... so all their stuff is very bluesy now, and they even have a keyboard (piano) on about 80% of their songs. I wouldn't even classify it as bluegrass now... just blues played on bluegrass instruments.

Go to their MySpace page, click on the video on the left side in the "General Info" box, and listen to song #2,"It Works Both Ways." That will give you a good example of what a lot of their stuff sounds like now; at least everything I heard last night was like this.