Mayfest - Who's Goin'?

1. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Who's goin' or been to Mayfest? I've never been and would like to hear more about it. Here's a link to the web page: http://www.wmbma.org/festival%20page...mayfest09.html
  2. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    I may come on Friday night, I will be there Saturday for sure.
  3. Bill Van Liere
    Bill Van Liere
    I'll be there on at least Friday night. I play mando with Jonas Ridge who will on stage Friday @ 8:30. Hope to see some of you there.

BVL
  4. MWM
    MWM
    I'll be there. If the weather's good there's decent jamming. They get about 100 camp units and a good day crowd on Saturday. I've taught workshops several times in past years.

Mark
  5. Jackie Walters
    Jackie Walters
    I've been and played at Mayfest last year. It's always a good time. Good folks that love music there. Always a good crowd..Hey Bill, I'll try to make it on Friday night..love to hear and see your band!
  6. Bill Van Liere
    Bill Van Liere
    Hi Jackie, I would like to meet you after exchanging messages for what; two years? I should be around on Saturday if you dont' make it on Friday. I finally got to meet Mark Walker there last year.
  7. Jeff Rose
    Jeff Rose
    Hey Bill and others who might be at Mayfest,
    Will be there Saturday, hope we can jam a bit.
    best!
    Jeff
  8. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    I'd sure enjoy seeing you play Bill and Jeff. And I'd like to catch the mandolin workshop. Can anyone tell me how's the camping - open vs. wooded? wall-to-wall crowded? any quiet sections?
  9. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    Steve-O
    The festival is at the fairgrounds. There's not much shade and you can certainly find a quiet section. It's not a large festival, but sometimes a few good jams. There's not a lot of electricity unless you get there early. Not real crowed with campers, you be able to find a spot with no trouble.
  10. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Well, I confess, I missed Mayfest. It seems I had some work to do on my boat and a certain hockey game to catch... So, how was it, and how many in attendance?
  11. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    It was small, cold and windy on Saturday. The attendence seemed to be down from what I remember last year. Maybe the economy, or the weather took it's toll this year. I only seen a couple of the bands on Saturday, but those that I seen were good. There was some pickin in the barns buy not much going on outside in the evening. I left about 1am and the frost was starting to set in.
    So, all in all, it is ok and a good start to the festival season.