Tenor Guitar Learning Resources.

1. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    This is the place to post and talk about tenor guitar tabs, chord charts, and any other instructional materials...Help us noobies out!
  2. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    I posted this over in the Tenor guitar forum, but thought it appropriate to post it here as well:

Conversion Chart: GDAE Chord Shapes to CGDA Chords
  3. WillFly
    WillFly
    My website's music & tabs page - http://www.mjra.net/WillFly/tabs.shtml - contains tabs and chords for some pieces I've played on tenor guitar.

Titles are marked as such. You might find something of use there.
  4. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Wow, great stuff Will. Impressive.
    Thanks for sharing.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I second what Ed says, Will! Great resource and I have already had a look your DADGAD arrangement of "She Moved through the Fair". Sincere thanks.
  6. WillFly
    WillFly
    Thanks chaps - glad it has some use. I'm always adding stuff, so check it out from time to time... :-)
  7. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    "So you'd like to... Learn to Play the Tenor Guitar"
    A guide by Steven Pyott (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)

A very thorough essay published on amazon.com that includes links to referenced items. (NFI)
  8. WillFly
    WillFly
    Nice to see Delmore Brothers stuff advertised in that link. I love the Delmores' music and Alton Delmore's autobiography is fascinating stuff.
  9. WillFly
    WillFly
    I've put together a basic introductory video to playing the tenor guitar in CGDA tuning which I've put on to YouTube. You may find it of interest - I've put it here as a reference.

10. E. Z. Marc
    E. Z. Marc
    Some universal "Fancy Schmancy Chords" for tenors tuned in fifths.

The white dot represents the chord's root, the note the chord is named for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6allgjv1x6...y%20Chords.pdf

As long as you can put that white dot on the right spot of your fingerboard, the rest should follow. Most of these are three note chords, and some can't be made to sound the chord's root!

I don't use these very often, but it is a good reference.

NOTE: The 6th and the Minor 7th are the same fingering, but the chord root has changed.