Mayfest - 2009

1. Jackie Walters
    Jackie Walters
    Alrighty, someone has to get our group of Michiganders a goin'. Who went to Mayfest, and who was the headliner, what did you like or what did you do? Fill us in..
    Jackie Walters
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Hey Jackie,
    I guess our Michigan group is too busy doing other things to post here. Jimmy Kittle gave me a little feedback in the Mayfest thead I started.
    ~Steve
  3. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    I would guess some of group went to Kendallville this weekend.
    But, nope I'm mowing lawn.. Not near as much fun..
    I was only at Mayfest for Saturday. It was a small festival, less that the past couple of years I would guess. Most, if not all the bands on Saturday were Michigan bands and Detour was the headliner and done a great job. The weather was real cold and very windy in the aftenoon. The wind died down in the evening but the cold just kept coming. There wasn't a lot of pickin going on that evening, but some die hards found a little relief from the cold in the fairgrounds barns.. Other than that, just a bunch of really nice people as always, and I got to visit with some friends I haven't seen since last summer... There's a festival in Leslie in a few weeks and Charlotte is the end of June. If anyone gets to Charlotte stop by and say "hello", I'll be at the soundboard most of the time..
  4. MWM
    MWM
    Sorry for the late report. The weather at MayFest wasn't great but I still found a fun jam each night - under an awning on Friday and inside a heated building on Saturday. A few days later I left for Kendallville for 4 nights into Memorial weekend. One of my favorite festivals - Great weather, plenty of old friends and had wonderful picking. Even learned a couple cool tunes I hadn't heard. Next weeked is Niles and the weekend after that is Leslie. So much pickin' - so little time.

Mark