Hi Cajun

1. Blue Ghost
    Blue Ghost
    This group sounds like an interesting idea. Sometimes I really get a belly full of mandolin "snobs". You buy what you can afford and make music! By the way, would you have music or tab for the song you just learned and/or some good Cajun music?
  2. bmac
    bmac
    Blue Ghost refers to "mandolin snobs" meaning I think those who purchace mandolins based on price rather than quality, thinking that "If it is expensive, it must sound good."

These are folks who, because they know nothing about instruments, feel that money buys quality... And to some extent they are correct. I had the pleasure of trying out a couple of newish Webers not long ago and found them to sound really good. But at the same time I had one of my Stradolins with me which I had purchased for about $50 and had put some time in restoring it to playability and decent appearance... My Stradolin stood up against the Webers really well and in fact one weber owner was interested in buying it. I was pleased by the fact that my instrument cost me less than 1/10th of what a Weber would cost.

i am retired and on a very limited income so the only way for me to get quality is the buy cheap, repair and play it. Often it has worked out pretty well.