How do you get a strap around to the Headstock

1. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    Just bought my Eastman Md-505 and love it - I'm trying to use my fairly new, Levy strap without putting a strap button on this. It does not even come close to sliding under the strings of the headstock - the truss rod cover is there and there isn't any room. Any suggestions? For now, I have the strap loop between the tuners but I don't know that it's a good spot for it.
  2. cjprince
    cjprince
    Ha...you posted about your 505 at 5:05.
  3. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    Too funny, I hadn't noticed that.
  4. Mo Soar
    Mo Soar
    Just bought an Eastman 504 (A style, round sound hole). Already had a Dudette strap, which has a strap lock at either end. The 504 only has the strap lock at the tail piece. I went down to a leather store and bought a scrap bit of bison leather about the same color, trimmed it to be about a foot long and about 1/2" wide (maybe .08" thick?), looped it around the headstock, under the strings, just north of the nut. Right now I just have it tied to the strap as well, but I am looking for a bone toggle the right size to thread through the strap lock.

5. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    Thanks! I ended up getting a planet waves doo-hickey - has a nylon loop that locks to a smaller nylon loop that fits nicely under those their strings on the headstock. ONly problem is now, my straps too long, so I'll be looking at shortening that up - fix one issue and just give myself a new one! Congrats on the new Eastman!
  6. Bob byk
    Bob byk
    I found a leather luggage tab strap with a small buckle. It is from an old Samsonite. Works fine for now. I really like the Bison idea shown above.