Off to Ontario

1. 8ch(pl)
    8ch(pl)
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I are getting on the Train in Halifax for a trip to see our Daughter in Toronto. We got great deal on tickets, we get an over 60 discount and I get a discount for being ex-military. Then there was a sale on as well so we saved almost half.

On Thursday I am going to drive to my home town area, about 200 miles to the southwest and spend a couple of days with my sister.

Wish us luck, I am taking the M-1
  2. Loretta Callahan
    Loretta Callahan
    Boy vogage .. and maybe you'll have some music playing train stories to share! Love playing music on the train.
  3. Dave Weiss
    Dave Weiss
    Enjoy your trip. We went back to see my kids in Arkansas in November, used airline miles for the flight, had dinner with Mike Dulak and his wife in St. Louis, picked up my new M-0 and had an absolutely wonderful time. I hope yours turns out as well...

Dave
  4. 8ch(pl)
    8ch(pl)
    Arrived OK yesterday, Tried to post on the train, but the WiFi was so slow...

Didn't get to do anything on the train, may not be a big thing on Canadian trains. i haven't taken the train in about 30 years. Cars are certainly more comfortable.

All in all a great ride from Nova Scotia. About 29 hours, not too much of a wait in Montreal. I will be off to see some friends and family in Wallaceburg, down near the Michigan border at the St. Clair River.

Talk to you all later.
  5. 8ch(pl)
    8ch(pl)
    Got back last night. The trip to Wallaceburg was geat fun, went with my sister and her husband to Windsor to see my niece and her family. came back to a pot luck with some old school-mates, most that I had not seen for more than 40 years. played some music both places.

The train trip back was delayed a couple of hours, so we were tired and hungry. All things considered, a great trip.