Shamus O'Brien

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This tune caught my ear yesterday, as I was cruising through my vast music collection on my computer. It's called Shamus O'Brien, and the CD it was on is a 'collection of various artists', called Old Time Gathering. I did a search on that tune name, and found several, this one came closest to how they were playing it on the CD. It was enough similar to get me started on the structure of the tune, but I'm playing more like they are on the CD. Anyway, for some strange reason, on the CD, they seem to be playing 2 A parts, and just 1 B part... not sure why, but that's what I did here.

In the spirit of posting 'practice' video, I decided to use my nifty metronome APP on my iPhone, and turned on the video, and eventually came up with the tune, just once through.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    That's a great sound you have there, Barbara, and I like the tune, which is a new one to me.
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    nice tune Barbara!
  4. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    I like that tune too. And really nice triplets.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Next step, multi tracked in Garage Band; melody on my Weber Bridger A, melody and chords on my Petersen octave mandolin.

http://soundcloud.com/barbarashultz/shamus-obrien
  6. Tavy
    Tavy
    Nice tune, well played!
  7. Mike O'Connell
    Mike O'Connell
    Thanks for this lovely tune, Barbara, and thanks for putting it on SoundCloud as well.