Hi

1. raulb
    raulb
    I have a '53 Martin. I would post a picture but I'm in the wrong computer, so you'll have to be satisfied with my avatar for the time being.
  2. Mercymando
    Mercymando
    The pic. of my Martin A is on the friends area- Donald Dunn.
  3. custer
    custer
    I have a "51 Martin. I'll try to get a picture up this weekend.
    Has anyone added an endpin to theirs ?
  4. Chris Ferreira
    Chris Ferreira
    Just purchased a '51 that sounds sweet but will need some work (tuner post, possible back crack cleating). Very happy with the sound and setup. I like the change from the usual f-hole sound and the tonal range an oval offers for some of the more laid back tunes. Need to find a source for the clam shell tailpiece cover as mine came w/o one.
  5. Eddie Sheehy
    Hi, I have a 1903 Martin Type 4 Bowlback and a 1926 Martin Style B flatback. I had two other Style A flatbacks that I traded or sold.
  6. zookster
    zookster
    I have two Martins, a 1904 Style 4 and a '29 Style 20. The necks are amazingly similar. The Style 20, not usually noted for volume, has good power and is probably the
    sweetest sounding mandolin I own. People usually scoff at the 13" scale length, but it seems to "play longer" than that. Just gigged with it last weekend.
  7. Eddie Sheehy
    I just added a Style 6 bowlback with fluted ribs separated by strips of ivory - see pic...
  8. Bill Lemerise
    Bill Lemerise
    In '11 I bought a 1907 style 5, and most recently a 1961 A. Love the power and tone of the bowlback, Getting the set up done was money well spent. The '61 is great as well, though a bit soft volume-wise and much plainer than the '07. Unable to post any pic, my apologies, but I will asap. I haven't added an endpin to either (won't on the '07) I use a dress shoelace through the tailpiece( there is a slot to thread through) and tie on there.