Week #93 ~ Merrily Kissed the Quaker's Wife

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Jill, that was simply remarkable. Magnificent playing - You took the tune to an entirely new level.
    I always enjoy your 'micro-tremolos' - Great stuff.
    Sounds from your post as though you may have sold the Weber. Although I'm glad you were able to move it, it saddens me deeply to think that we may not have to good fortune to hear you play on that mandolin again.
  2. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers Ed, you're too kind sir.
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Lively and fresh as usual Jill, and a good idea to use that open G
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Jill... that was perfect!!!! I know you'll miss your Weber... but you've got other mandolins, right?
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Nope, no other mandolins in the house at the moment - I'd had to sell all my others last summer when one of my dogs injured her back and I needed $$ for vet bills. So I was down to the Weber and my emando - emando sold last week and Weber is getting shipped off today, but I did a cash + trade deal so I'll be getting an Eastman 805 as the trade part.
  6. Toycona
    Toycona
    Nicely played on all of your posts. Good luck in all!
  7. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Superb, Jill
  8. Michael Wolf
    Michael Wolf
    Very nice Jill and all the others, very different sounds here. Sorry to hear that you´ll part with your Weber, Jill, but the most important part of your sound are your fingers anyway. Better to have a healthy dog plus a somewhat cheaper mandolin.
    Here´s a example from us that I´ve just found on my computer. I´ve forgot that we´ve recorded this tune. It´s without real mandolin content. There´s only something like a big mandolin strumming chords to the flute.

9. Toycona
    Toycona
    Very cool!
  10. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Nice one Michael! Dog's back ok now (it was last summer she had problems), the Weber was sacrificed due to the loss of my job unfortunately...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123