Silverangel modifications?

1. jasona
    jasona
    How is your fall going?

My thoughts of selling my Ratcliff for another mandolin with a different neck have completely gone away since getting it refretted and planed by Michael Heiden. Really plays easy now.

What work have you had done to your mandolins so far (necessary or otherwise)?
  2. Don Christy
    Don Christy
    I added a tonegard and recently installed an internal pickup with a end pin jack. Thinking of adding a finger rest as I really like it on the Kimble.
  3. jasona
    jasona
    Yeah I tried out and bought a ToneGuard from Tony at a CoMando gathering in Inverness several years ago, and also had a pickguard installed (made by Doug Edwards--subsequently I got a matching McClung armrest too).

What mandolin do you have Don? How does the tone match up with the Kimble? I got my Ratcliff after having missed out on a Kimble A5.
  4. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    I added an armrest when I got her.

Yesterday, I added a K & K pickup w carpenter jack. Sounds great through my Roland AC60 amp. Incidentally, while peering through the F holes I noticed her birthday on the label, July, 22, 2009! Happy Birthday!
  5. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Patrick, which armrest do you end up getting?
  6. jasona
    jasona
    I have a McClung on mine. I tried a CA for a few years but its was lower profile and slightly sharper on its edge. The McClung is higher (still not as much as a Siren) and smooth. Perfect for me!