07' FT-MS #76 checks in

1. QCS
    QCS
    Hello all-
    Doing research on a new(to me) Mandolin, found this site. I recently had the good fortune to pick up an 07' FT-MS Blackface. An amazing instrument. A sweet ,deep woody tone with great clarity. I am looking forward to playing this for a while. This one seems to be in near perfect condition. Only modification is the removal of the finish on the neck. So far, I seem to like this feature, it's quite smooth. I will try to post a photo soon. For now, I will be getting to know a new friend. - QCS
  2. MandoPheel
    MandoPheel
    Hello QCS,
    I'm pretty sure I saw that Blackface on the Cafe Classifieds. It looked great and I'm glad to hear that it sounds great too. "A sweet ,deep woody tone with great clarity", what more could anyone ask for?

Welcome to the group!

Phil
  3. QCS
    QCS
    Hi Phil-
    Yes, you are right. This was the "Blackface" that was on the Cafe classifieds. I had been looking around for a while and found this one in my backyard. I have been playing an Eastman 615 for a year or so and wanted to go to the next level. What a difference! I was quite happy with the Eastman but knew there was more to be had in a better instrument. This one just makes you smile.
    Funny, I seem to have repeated the same course I took with the 5-string Banjo over the last two decades. You find these beautiful instruments,you bring em" home. Pretty soon you have case stacked like cord wood! Oh, the horror...... QCS
  4. pjlama
    pjlama
    I'm the original owner of #76. It was one of a few mandolins that Ben made for Winfield in 07'. I got it from Ben after Winfield. That's a great mandolin, I really should have kept it. I wanted to buy it back from the second owner later but didn't have the money and when I did it was gone. Does it still have the Shertler pick up? I removed the neck finish from the neck and installed the pick-up. That was a super good mandolin. Enjoy it in good health and if you ever make it to NM please bring her by for a visit.