Lawson Craddock

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hey ya'll, I've just joined this group.... some of ya'll are my facebook friend as well, so you've read about my nephew, Lawson Craddock.... wanted to link to this great article about him.... click here....
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Welcome Barbara,
    Wow, nice to see the Cafe has a closer connection to the sport! Sounds like your nephew is a rising star, and just in time for Texas to develop another Lance Armstrong. I always heard that the US lacks a solid farm system like the Europeans have for bringing up young riders, but that was changing with the growing popularity of American cycling (thank you Lance, and oh yes, Greg Lemond).

We will keep an eye on Lawson. These guys peak out in their early 30s, so he has lots of time to develop. Perhaps the 2016 Olympics will be his debut. Keep us posted on any decisions you hear about his future. Bonne chance,
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This is kind of an old article, but thought you'd like to read it! Lawson has joined the Trek-Livestrong U23 team...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...g/7129192.html
  4. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Well, here we are 6 years later after you introduced us to your nephew Barbara and now he is in his first Tour de France! C'est magnifique! And very cool. He gave a well poised interview on American TV and was funny. What a nice and charming young man!

I saw you posted this in your tune of the week group, but I thought it worth mention here. I hope he learns a lot and savors the moment... and stays clean, and becomes the next American cycling icon. Congrats!
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Steve-o, I just now found this post from this summer! Yes, we were so very proud of Lawson... here's to another successful finish in 2017 Tour de France!