Mandolin Players in Scotland

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Hi Richard,
    Have you noticed that Dick Glasgow has put up a new group as noted above in the subject line. May well generate more traffic for both groups and heighten interest among the Scottish (and Antrim) players and posters.
    Your Tappit Hen sessions sound like they could be well worth a visit too!
    John
  2. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    Thanks for letting me know about this group John.

I hadn't spotted it, so thought there was a space for a dedicated Scottish group, but of course there's no sense in two Scottish groups, cause it makes more sense for us to work together, so I've deleted mine.

Cheers,
    Dick
  3. Shelagh Moore
    Shelagh Moore
    No bother Dick... glad you spotted this one. How's the Sobell playing by the way?

Cheers,

Richard
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    So, now we are three! All for one and one.....! The prospects look good, gents, with the other pages Dick has directed us to. Here's to an active future.

John
  5. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    I'm sure there are loads of Mandolin players in Scotland, plus loads more elsewhere, who love playing Scottish tunes, so it'll be interesting to see how many sign in here.

A couple of years ago, after reading a comment on a forum, that there were probably only about 3 or 4 players of the English Concertina in Scotland, I decided to try & track down as many as I could.

I have Sixty Nine names now .... & still counting!

English Concertina Players in Scotland

Cheers
    Dick
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Hi again, all three of us so far! Been in contact with Dick through other sites and in various guises and just thought I'd post a link here to the page on my website where I have an embedded mp3 player and a selection of tunes, mainly Scottish and featuring other instruments as well as the mandolin family; even has midi pipes featured on Paddy's Leather Breeches!
    http://www.luthierjohn.co.uk/page7.html
    Keep in touch, guys, and we may add to our numbers.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Been browsing through the back postings on this group and found this one I had posted. Have since removed the embedded mp3 player from my website and have changed it to a link to my SoundCloud page which I find better and the tunes are now not taking up space on my site but are stored on Soundcloud. So far I have been very pleased with this facility and still have space left to post tunes while still enjoying the free version of the site. It seems to have an over-all time allocation for free use of the site and so far this has been fine for me.