Who & where are you?

1. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    This is a thread where you can, if you wish, give other members a little info about yourself & perhaps also, a rough idea of your home area.

This might be useful, especially for members who would like to meet up with other Sobell Mandolin/OM players, who may be passing through their area, on holiday.

As for me, although I was born in Edinburgh, I now live just across the water, on the Causeway Coast of North Antrim, in Northern Ireland. We live close to popular attractions like the Giant's Causeway & Bushmills Distillery, so we have lots of folks passing through here all Summer.

This website will give folks a good idea of what this area of Ireland has to offer:

North Antrim

For the record, we have sessions here every Thursday, Friday & Saturday night, throughout the year, to which ALL passing musicians are welcome.

Of course, extra sessions can & often are arranged when musicians happen to be passing through this area on other days of the week, so please get in touch, if you find yourself heading this way.

Here are details of my three weekly Sessions:

Thursday night: Springhill Bar, Portrush

Friday night: The House of McDonnell, Ballycastle

Saturday night: The Bushmills Inn, Bushmills

As for my own Sobell Mandolin, I only bought this lovely little Mandolin recently, after playing an Oakwood Original for 20 years. It was made in 1995 & I'm told, was owned by a well known Guitar player, which I can believe because it's like new, with only a couple of tiny dings on the belly & unmarked frets.

Cheers,
    Dick