Tail piece retrograde question for Dan-in-Va

1. flightmedic
    flightmedic
    pulled....no interest Thx
    Howard
  2. dan in va
    dan in va
    Hi flightmedic,

Sorry to have missed your post. My only Kentucky was an '86 KM1000 that was released on 10/10/10, so I haven't been checking this social group lately. However, maybe an A model KM600 will come my way someday for a fair price (HUGE hint!).

I'm guessing that you wanted to know how the tailpiece swap turned out. The Allen Monteleone style was put on and I couldn't tell any difference in tone or volume afterwards. An interesting thing about this unit is that John Monteleone designed it with different screw and end pin spacing from the standard Gibson design because it didn't seem likely that his model would be retrofitted to other brands. So if you go this route, the existing holes will have to be filled and then re-drilled. When all was said and done, I would've been better off leaving the KY all original. I've read accounts of how some pickers say that heavier tailpiece changes the tone and volume, but my KM1000 was totally indifferent.

I tried unsuccessfully to send you a PM, so it seemed good to join again and post the info here. Hoping this is helpful.....dan