Mandolin Tasting

1. Hytest Mando
    Hytest Mando
    Would any of you in the East Tennessee Group be interested in having a Mandolin Tasting. We could pick a location date and time and come together to play and check out each others insturments. It could be alot of fun. Please respond if you are intrested. It could be planned around a local festival or event. All suggestions are appreciated.

Mike
  2. brown akers
    brown akers
    That would be interesting to see how each person got started on the mandolin and where they want to take it in the future. I'm gonna pick a good mando night during the second week of Kaufman's Camp in Maryville in June - someone want to meet up early that evening before the show? Lots of people playing outside and they don't mind folks with cases & soft cases. Or some weekend festival would be great - Louie Bluie in June, Hippie Jacks on the plateau, what else would be good? Any bluegrass festivels anyone can recommend? I've never actually played for another mandolin player - only guitar players and in loud jams.
  3. tnbluegrasser
    tnbluegrasser
    I think it would be a great idea to meet sometime. As far as a place...there are several weekly jams in the area around Knoxville and Maryville that might work. Bradburry community center just East of Knoxville. In Maryville, I have heard of a jam at the Music Row store. And between Maryville and Townsend is the Friday nights jam at Rocky Branch community center. Just a few ideas. Let me know what everyone thinks. Thanks for the great idea.
  4. Hytest Mando
    Hytest Mando
    I plan on going to Bradbury tomorrow night. It will be my first time there. My daughter has soccer practice at 6:30 so I will be there around 8:00. I am also meeting with some folks at Farragut Park on Campbell Station Rd at 6:30 on Thursady evenings. We had a really good time this past Thursday and had several spectators come by and listen. Two of the folks are regulars at Bradbury. Everyone is also invited to Farragut. Is anyone going to be at the Bloomin BBQ & Bluegrass Festival in Sevierville this weekend? My wife and I will be there Saturday.