stretching out

1. billkilpatrick
    advancing! ... on to the 2nd and 3rd finger positions - previous ffcp exercises of inestimable value - bowlback mandolin with shorter scale is a help too. if i'm not back by july, sell the farm.
  2. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    It may not even be by July 2011...but don't sell your mandos. Even if you do nothing but fiddle for the next three years...at some point, you'll pick up your mando and say, "ahh...what a nice relief!" (happened with me recently after not playing mando since....about last summer)
  3. farmerjones
    farmerjones
    i remembered what you said cat, i did try the two instrument case awhile. I mostly got sore fingers because a pair of strings vs. a single string, landing roughly in the same place, gets tender in a six hour jam. Sure my mandolin playing has suffered for it, but i've actually found a happy place: I drag a fiddle to the outside world, and totally embrace my mediocre mandolin chops in the privacy of my basement.
  4. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    But there'll be a time when there'll be 20 fiddlers...and no chording instrument around...and you'll want to play some Dawg music!