Wow, who knew?

1. Rogapesh
    Rogapesh
    The first few times I perused the General Discussion forum I thought to myself, 'This is just like a cycling forum. Everyone here from beginners on Schwinns, to triathletes on Ti, to endurance riders on Waterfords." Cyclists and Mandolinists? I really am in heaven.

So, what do y'all ride?
  2. mandroid
    mandroid
    A Dutch built Koga Miyata Trekking bike with 4 grocery grabbing Ortlieb Shopping bags ... SRM kit...
    ( Schmidt Rohloff Magura )
    and a British ..Brompton Folding bike.. 2 'speed' swiss mountain drive crankset and a Sturmey Archer AW3 , for 6 gears.

there's 4 others but they don't get much use of late ..
  3. Rogapesh
    Rogapesh
    This forum is pretty quiet. :-) I guess you're a commuter!
  4. Jimmijames
    Jimmijames
    I haven't had a chance to stop by lately. I guess I've been too busy riding and playing. I work in the bike industry so I own many bikes.
    Blue CXc cross bike
    Surly Cross Check (my commuter)
    Giant Glory 8 DH bike
    Maverick ML8 XC bike
    Voodoo Dambala 29er
    and a bunch of other "test mules" at work.

Jim
  5. Mercier
    Mercier
    I'm riding a Trek 2.3. I used to commute with my old mountain bike too scared of getting the trek stolen, then i realized i was missing some of the fun.

I also ride a Honda Shadow 2009, but that probably doesn't count ahah

Enjoy your riding
  6. Daniel Nestlerode
    Daniel Nestlerode
    A low end road bike. Specialized Allez (alluminum frameset with a carbon fiber fork). I just put Crank Brothers egg beaters on it.
    I've put 1600 miles on it in the last year, and I'm hoping to upgrade soon.

Daniel
  7. Spencer
    Spencer
    A Batavus (Dutch built) allround, pretty plain, 7 gears. Its transport, not sport. Ice is finally off the bike paths, so I need to get it out again and retire my bus pass.

Spencer
  8. KeithMcIsaac
    KeithMcIsaac
    Last weekend I bought a used Kona Jake as my commuter for this season. I've been riding mountain bikes for many years now so switching back to a road bike is taking some getting used to. I put in about 100km this week and I think I'm going to like it. It's certainly much lighter than the behemoth I was using for the past couple of years. I might put a different cassette on it to get some lower gears, though.
  9. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    My wife rides a Kona Jake (mostly on the road) and loves it. Myself, Surly Cross-check for road and century training; Karate Monkey single speed for trails/single track. Oh...almost forgot - a Big Dummy in the build process. I know...I have a Surly problem.
  10. MikeEdgerton
    MikeEdgerton
    A Cannondale mountain bike (can't remember the model) and a Trek tandem.
  11. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Hey Mike,
    I too have a Cannondale mountain bike - an old 1990 vintage "Competition Series," and a Trek tandem (T100). My wife and I did some great trips on the latter.

I also have a carbon road bike - Giant OCR-3 and an ancient custom built touring bike - a 1973 Jim Adney (Wisconsin builder). I'd like to say I commissioned the build (wish my bikes could all be custom built like my mandos), but I bought it second hand from the original owner who said it was too big for him (isn't that odd?). It has the longest head tube I've ever seen on a bike and gets some strange looks from folks when they see it parked.