66 fender mandocaster- care and use tips

1. rico mando
    Hi everyone just came home with a 66 that i paid about 700 US for .It seems complete except for the case key. not much wear on the frets but a little beat up on the body. the buttons are in good shape on the tuner.the nut is yellow but still looks strong. SO i need to set it up proper, don't think it ever was before. i may not keep it for very long so i want to leave it stock for resale value. so if you have one of these baby's let me know of any possible issues and how to best deal with them. I am considering putting heavier strings on it such as a 35 for the G string . i believe it has a 28 there now . be a little while before i touch it so let me know . posting some pics for here as soon as it lets me. ( you can view my album) thanks
  2. F-2 Dave
    F-2 Dave
    Wow. That's a steal, even sans the case key. It looks like it's in great shape. I'd leave it stock if it was mine. Shouldn't be any problem going to the heavier G. Glad to see you get it. Did I mention that it was a steal?
  3. Daniel Nestlerode
    Daniel Nestlerode
    Well, that's a world class find! I'm envious. Thanks for the pictures!
    I wish I had experience with these models that I could relate, but alas a lack!

Play it in good health, a deal like that does not come along very often.

Daniel