Poe #8 Owner + Driftwood

1. Amandalyn
    Amandalyn
    Hi Guys,
    Glad you started this group, I have Poe # 8, which was custom built for me- oval hole, A style, and recently acquired Driftwood # 13 ? I'll have to check the number- buts it's a 2 pt. burgundy color. Both very different. Of course the Oval hole has that slight "tubby" oval hole tone, but has great projection and clarity.
    Teri
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Welcome Teri. Glad you could join us. As I've said, your Poe oval is about my favorite oval ever. It is a work of art. Also, as you know, I had Andy build mine with a similar headstock. What music genres do you play?
  3. F5G WIZ
    F5G WIZ
    Welcome Amandalyn, Curious what you gave for the Driftwood.
  4. Amandalyn
    Amandalyn
    Steve-o,
    oh so you're my Poe mando brother! That headstock design went through several transformations before the final, I wanted something different, and a little art-deco. It was Andy who recommended flipping the design over, which turned out great. We then went for the fret markers, to carry out the theme. Andy's work is spot- on.
    Music I play- mosltly bluegrass, fiddle tunes, not locked in to any genre- love it all. I have written a few mandolin instrumentals.
  5. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Amandalyn,
    Yes, I owe a debt of gratitude to you and Andy for coming up with that cool headstock design. Those position markers are equally artistic and fit well with the art deco theme. That's a nice Driftwood 2-point you picked up too! I expect it is better for BG than your oval. Thanks for sharing the pics.