1. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Hi Mydas...It looks like you're the new member...tell us about your Silverangel interest. Mando, number, name, kind of music, yourself, where you live, etc. etc. Also check out the Silverangel Myspace site at:
    www.myspace.com/silverangelmandolins ...
  2. mntmandoman253
    mntmandoman253
    Hi all. My name is Steve Brown and user name mntmandoman 253. DC, I got your invite to join some time ago but I have to admit that I am NOT very good on the computer so that is why that I have just now got here, I finally figured it out. I live in Southwest Virginia in the small town of Clintwood. I am 60 yrs old and have been playing Bluegrass music since about 1965. I am a Vietnam vet and work in the coal industry. I am proud member of the UMWA and have been working at different coal prep plants since 1974. Enough about me. I am the proud owner of Silverangel #253. Her namae is Clementine and I got her on October 31, 2006. She is a distressed F5 model with Red Spruce top and Sugar Maple back and sides and tone bar bracing. I talked to Ken a little while ago and he said that he does mostly X bracing. As far as tone and volume what can I say but awewome. I think that Ken builds the finest mandolins out there and they are affordable, you get a lot of mandolin for your money.

mntmandoman 253
  3. jasona
    jasona
    They are an excellent mandolin value.

Welcome to the group Steve!
  4. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    All right, Steve, Good to have you. I do remember getting "Clementine" in the Myspace archives.
  5. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Also, for those of us not familiar with SW Virginia, Clintwood is the location of the Stanley Brothers/ Ralph Stanley Museum...
  6. wildpikr
    wildpikr
    I'll echo a welcome too!