Moving back to Tulsa

1. Sleepy
    Sleepy
    and am i happy. Missouri didn't " Show Me " much. So where's everyone from ? and who in Tulsa would be good to take lessons from?
    Cheers,
    Greg
  2. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    On the cafe home page, at the upper right, under "Resources" search through the instructors. There's a fella in Catoosa. There's also a semi-famous fiddler in Tulsa who instructs mando, if I'm not mistaken. Get ahold of someone in Green Country Bluegrass Assn. to start networking. Too bad about Missouri, there's a lot of good music out in them woods.
  3. GDAE
    GDAE
    Rick Williams at Guitar House of Tulsa. He's a great teacher and a very entertaining guy. He's also the guy who wrote these books:

http://www.bluegrassbooksonline.com/

But he teaches more than bluegrass--he does jazz, rock, country, anything. He's really been a huge help to me.
  4. OKMike
    OKMike
    Ya,
    Rick is a nice guy, does a good job setting up a mando as well.

Mike

ps I live in Henryetta, work in T town fridays
  5. talbotpat
    talbotpat
    Rick setup my The Loar LM-600 as well...spent a good amount of time with me in helping me to 'decide' which mandolin was right for me and had the sound I was looking for. He is a great resource to have in the area along with the other fine folks at Guitar House of Tulsa.
  6. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    Welcome back to T Town. I have been here for almost 4 years, and am learning to tolerate the wind..... keep the golf ball out of the wind and use a less lofted club.
    Send me a pm if you want to get together after the first of the year, as I need to pick!
    Tom in Tulsa