View RSS Feed

The Fifth Course

Recording Sessions, Introduction

Rate this Entry
My friend and band leader of Seņor Circus, Tim, has taken Seņor Circus into the studio. We're recording tunes in his nicely outfitted basement. It's paneled, soundproofed, and it has an isolation booth.

I'm not new to recording. I did some in my rock band days and I've done some for myself. But my role has always been lead vocal and rhythm guitar. I'm in a different role now. Seņor Circus is Tim's band, not mine. So he does all the lead vocals and rhythm guitar parts. (He's also the principal songwriter.) My job is to play interesting rhythm and lead parts on the mandolin, and whether I choose electric or acoustic is really about the feel of the song.

This was a new role in a live situation for me, and now it's a new role in a recording situation. Frankly, I wasn't sure I had the chops, but I jumped in with both feet. I hope the result is worthy of your attention. (As I hope you enjoy these musings.)

So I have created a new blog category called, simply enough, Recording Sessions. I'll chronicle my efforts in the studio here.

Back shortly with the first installment...

Daniel

Submit "Recording Sessions, Introduction" to Facebook Submit "Recording Sessions, Introduction" to Yahoo Submit "Recording Sessions, Introduction" to Google

Categories
Recording Sessions

Comments